For Cataract and Refractive Lens Exchange (RLE) patients
The World's First and Only Sinusoidal Trifocal IOL
Acriva Trinova is the next-generation sinusoidal trifocal IOL designed with stepless zones. Twelve unique ridges create the highest light transmission and optimum light distribution through all optical diameters.
This pattern promises better contrast sensitivity and dynamic visual performance at all distances! Ultra Definition (UD) Aspheric optic and chromatic aberration-free structure leading to Enhanced Depth of Focus (EDOF) provide continuous vision -hence, spectacle independence at all distances. With this know-how, VSY Biotechnology improved EDOF optic design, and now introduces Sinusoidal Vision Technology (SVT).
What is Sinusoidal Vision Technology (SVT)?
Acriva Trinova is manufactured with Sinusoidal Vision Technology (SVT). The SVT is a unique patented technique for producing an IOL optical surface that does not exhibit any sharp edges. It provides the best optical performance in trifocal IOL design. The lens shape is derived from sinusoidal functions and results in smoothly varying surface profiles. Therefore, ideal continuous vision is achieved, as opposed to common traditional overlapping diffraction pattern trifocal IOLs with sharp edges. This concept also helps to reduce halos and scattered light.
Benefits of Sinusoidal Vision Technology (SVT) ?
-biometry measurement deviation (±0,75 D post-op refractive suprises)
-slight post-op tilts
-higher kappa angle
Minimized dysphotopsia due to the reduced scattered light
Superior Features of Acriva Trinova
- 92% effective light transmission to retina
- Widest depth of focus
- Excellent MTF results at all distances
- Outstanding visual outcomes in mesopic conditions
Highest Light Transmission
It is known that overlapping diffractive pattern trifocal IOLs cause significant light loss. Each one percentage of light loss affects patients’ overall visual performance exponentially. Acriva Trinova ensures maximum light transfer, thanks to its stepless diffractive zones. The higher the light transmission, the better the contrast sensitivity!
Comfortable Reading Distances
+3.00D near addition and +1.50D intermediate addition of AcrivaUD Trinova is precisely designed with life quality of the patient in mind. Up to 80 cm reading distance will cover all daily requirements in near and intermediate vision. See the comparison table below.(6,7,8)
Balanced Light Distribution
Light distribution plays a big role in obtaining seamless, continuous vision. Conventional trifocal IOL designs distribute light energy in a ratio such that zones of discontinuity may be noticeable to patients. Acriva Trinova incorporates a unique sinusoidal surface profile with twelve smooth ridges, providing a more continuous light-energy distribution. This leads to remarkable spectacle-free visual competencies not only in photopic, but also in mesopic conditions.(6)
What Experts Say
1. Data on file.
2. Data on file
3. Gatinel D, Pagnoulle C, Houbrechts Y, Gobin L. Design and qualification of a diffractive trifocal optical profile for intraocular lenses. J Cataract Refract Surg. 2011;37(11):2060-2067.
4. Mojzis P, Pena-García p, Liehneova I, Ziak P, Alio J L. Outcomes of a new diffractive trifocal intraocular lens. J Cataract Refract Surg. 2014; 40:60–69.
5. Lee S, Choi M, Xu Z, Zhao Z, Alexander E, Liu Y. Optical bench performance of a novel trifocal intraocular lens compared with a multifocal intraocular lens. Clinical Ophthalmology (Auckland, NZ). 2016; 10:1031-1038. doi:10.2147/OPTH.S106646.
6. Data on file.
7. E.Law R. Aggarwal, H. Kasaby. Comparison of a bifocal and a trifocal intraocular lens. Free Paper Session ESRCS 2014 London.
8. K.Gundersen. Diffractive multifocal IOLs: a comparative study of Finevision versus ReSTOR 2.5 and 3.0D. Free Paper Session ESRCS 2014